How do women like beards?

Why do women like beards?

From the simple barber shop to real hair and beard boutiques. Italian cities are filling up with barbershops. It is no coincidence, and just look around to understand why. The beard is the trend of the moment and it is mainly the younger ones, the under 40s, who show it off. the moment of ' beard design' , literally 'designer beard'. The name derives from the care and precision with which it is shaved, as if it were 'drawn' on the man's face.

From America to Italy, there is a boom in sculpted beards

In America, barber shops, shops specializing in facial shaving, are very common and in Italy too, since 2013, they have been overrun. Men dedicate part of their free time to facial care at specialized barbers. This is what emerges from a study conducted by Quanta System Observatory

Because they are preferred by women

65% of women prefer a man with a beard, provided it is well defined. In particular, 33% of Italians love men with a short, well-groomed beard, capable of giving balance to the face. 28%, on the other hand, like a man with a semi-thick but sculpted beard, because it allows, for example, rounder faces to lengthen and have a captivating (38%) and sexy (35%) effect. For one out of 2 women (46%) facial care makes men tidier, but above all more reliable (52%).

According to the women, the man with an orderly face gives the idea of ​​someone who takes care of himself and therefore of his personal affections (54%), of a methodical person who leaves nothing to chance (46%) and of a person who cares about his personal hygiene (42%).

But the beard is not good for everyone, the shape of the face (42%) and the type, whether sparse or thick, must be taken into account. Another cause that causes men to lose points is having it grown without treating it (35%).

Trendy stars

Among the Hollywood stars there are those who really do not give up taking care of their beards: Chris Pine (33%), an American actor best known for having played the roles of James T. Kirk in the ' Star Trek' films, receives many acclaim among women when he wears a sparse and well-groomed beard. The same goes for Ryan Reynolds (32%), star of the film ' Green Lantern' and husband of Blake Lively. Sean Connery (25%) also takes the podium, the undisputed symbol of aged elegance, who boasts a unique charm thanks also to the care of his face. Johnny Depp (24%) on the other hand, charming in the role of Captain Jack Sparrow, is also charming in life with a mustache and goatee almost always in order. Finally, David Beckham (21%) closes the top 5, who never gives up on a short, well-defined beard.

Not sure how to trim your neck beard? In the section or blog or if you click here there is a special guide!

After seeing how to grow a beard and how to take care of it, we just have to see which products are essential to use.

The first product to have, essential for beards of any length, is shampoo.

Bulligans collections offers you excellent ones beard shampoo , to wash it more often, hydrate it and take care of your skin, as well as the thick hair.

Beard shampoo: what it is and what it is for

The beard cleansing shampoo has the same function as the one used every day for the hair. There is, however, a big difference: its formulation is less aggressive, because it comes into contact with the skin of the face, which is more delicate than that of the scalp, and because it does not have to act radically on the sebum of the hair. , which however leaves it clean, soft and hydrated.

In summer, therefore, it is very important to use it, both to avoid irritation and redness due to excessive sweat, and to defend the beard from the action of negative external agents, such as excessive heat or dry air.

Bulligans has selected two alternatives for you to always keep with you for perfect beards:

Both are created specifically for beards.

They clean, moisturize and give a shiny, healthy and well-groomed appearance to the beard.

They are suitable for all skin types, their natural extracts with variable soothing properties make them ideal for sensitive skin that tends to get irritated.

They are excellent for the care and cleansing of long beards.

We would like to remind you that the quality of all Bulligans Collections products is organic in nature and guaranteed by Made In Italy.

Don't forget a conditioner and a good nourishing oil to soften the hair, a brush to comb it and scissors to trim it. Furthermore, our balm is particularly suitable for promoting beard growth as it relieves the annoying itching.

The masculinity emanating from this beard balm is conveyed in a decisive and important way by the following notes:

We remind you that it is a 100% organic product.

The best time to apply beard oil is after a shower: thanks to the steam, the pores of the skin dilate, and the oil will be absorbed much more quickly. However, it's important to be careful and make sure you dry your beard completely, otherwise the water will prevent some of the oil from being absorbed properly.

Also in this case Bulligans offers the market various fragrances.

In this case we can find 3 different fragrances:

Our oils are designed primarily for those who keep a long and thick beard.

The active ingredients present in the various fragrances are sunflower oil, sweet almond oil, maple wood, jojoba oil and rosemary. For how to apply Bulligans beard oil we have created a video especially for you! Click here to see it.

Also don't miss ours 5 beard care tips

Do you want to go to the catalogue? Click here

Back to blog

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.